Job Type: Full-time
Salary Position: Salary range $45,000 – $50,000
Reports to The Financial Controller and Executive Management
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment including candidate identification and outreach.
- Maintain job descriptions.
- Assist with the hiring process including reference checks, drafting and extending approved employment offers and conducting onboarding and orientation for new employees.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Maintain and refresh the companies’ handbooks.
- Develop, maintain and update organizational policies.
- Co-ordinate compensation and benefits administration and analysis.
- Maintain Awareness to employees regarding the RRSP program, in preparation for the Financial Controller
- Remain current and advise management and leadership on compliance with federal, provincial and local laws and regulations, ensuring compliance.
- Handle and document employee complaints and incidents, including conflict resolution, accidents, health and safety concerns and investigations.
- Ensure health and safety policies, procedures and programs are upheld, maintained and followed to prevent work related accidents.
- Proactively handle employee relations ensuring to build strong relationships with all employees within each company.
- Oversee the training and development of all employees, working along side executive management
- Regularly seek opportunities to improve the culture and employee experience.
- Update all employee’s training logs (provincial mandated training (eg. WHMIS)
- Update and manage all ICAR certification levels and courses
- Update and manage all personnel files to the Automated HR system, and Shared drive file
- Manage all employee absences and update online portal on a daily basis
- Prepare all employee absences and time off via the online portal, for payroll
- Manage Monthly Employee Appreciation
Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a combination of relevant education and experience would be an asset
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an HR role
- Good understanding of Human Rights, Employment Standards and Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience with recruiting, policy development and performance management.
- Demonstrated employee relations experience.
- Demonstrated training and development experience.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and to inspire others confidence and trust.
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise.
- A positive and proactive approach towards solving problems.
- Flexible, open and approachable.
- Proven professionalism and confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with strong administration skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be an asset
- Experience with acquisitions and company growth would be considered an asset.