Bemac Collision Group has an immediate opportunity for a Vehicle Damage Appraiser to join their team in a well-established, progressively growing group of companies.
Reporting directly to The Shop Manager, The Vehicle Damage Appraiser is the responsible for determining the extent of damage and total repair cost of an automobile on behalf of the company, also negotiating the cost of repairs with the specific technicians.
Reports to The Shop Manager
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Examining an insurance claim and providing a rough estimate for parts, repair and labor charges of the damaged vehicle.
- Determining whether the damages are to such an extent that it warrants paying off the value of the vehicle before the occurrence of the accident.
- Examining the amount of damage to the external, internal and mechanical parts of the vehicle and reporting these observations to the automobile insurance company.
- Travelling to various locations to conduct proper estimates, on an as needed basis
- Negotiating the insurance claim amount with customers and the cost of repairs with the automobile repairing firm in order to minimize loss for the company in the event of a claim.
- Communicating with other departments of the insurance company such as the processing or claim approval committees and explaining their observations to the professional from these departments.
Skills and Experience:
- high school diploma
- experience in the field of automobile insurance or knowledge about automobile damage and repair work
- good knowledge about the various prices and ongoing trends in the automobile industry
- previous experience using Bodyshop Connect, Audatex, Mitchell-an asset
- basic idea about how the approximate repairs of a damaged vehicle
- performing a simple examination on the basis of the automobile model and the extent of damage
- possess good listening and communication skills
- good interpersonal skills
- adequate knowledge about the various software programs
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive commission
- RRSP contributions
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid vacation
- Continuous opportunity for professional training and development
- A family-owned and operated team
Job Type: Full-time