Our Collision Process
If you’re looking into collision service it’s likely because you've been in an accident. You’ve come to the right place.
Bemac’s 24-Point Collision Repair Process is designed to be as efficient as possible (see our infographic below). You want your car back as soon as possible, and in better than pre-accident condition - our process helps deliver both!
We work with collision insurance providers to streamline your claim and get you back behind the wheel of your vehicle as fast as possible.
Insurance Paperwork Done in Record Time
Most people don't know this, but usually the delay in repairing a car is in getting the go-ahead from insurance compainies. We are approved by all Canadian insurance providers, and we know how to streamline the claim process.
It all starts at the drive-in appraisal centre, where we determine the extent of the damage. Then we inform your insurance provider and ensure everything's a go. From there, it's just steps away to the other departments in our world-class facility, where mechanical repairs, body work, painting and finally detailing are done. When your car is returned to you, it will look like the damage never happened. Your car will even be cleaner than when you brought it in.
Our technicians are all fully qualified experts with the experience needed to really do a top-notch job. Most importantly, they love cars, and hate to see a car in less than showroom condition.
It's all backed by our no-hassle warranty. All collision repairs come with a lifetime warranty*. Because we're members of CSN, no matter where you go in Canada, your warranty is still valid.
Request a Free Quote
The Extras That Make The Difference
We know that being without a vehicle is a hassle. Here's how we make it easier.
- A customer lounge you won't want to leave: For quick fixes, you can relax and enjoy refreshments in our customer lounge. Beautifully decorated and furnished with leather chairs and TV, you'll feel right at home while you wait.
- Shuttle service: If it's not convenient to wait, we provide a shuttle service to help you get where you need to go throughout your day. Need a pick up? Schedule one here.
- Courtesy vehicles: our fleet of 21 courtesy cars are available on a first-some, first-served basis.
- Car rental: If things are hectic enough that you really need your own car, or if our courtesy cars are all taken, we provide fast, convenient car rental in-house through Enterprise Rent-A-Car.
OEM Parts and Standards
Depending on your budget, you can have us install OEM (original equipment manufacturer) parts or aftermarket parts. Either way, we uphold all OEM standards and abide by all OEM guidelines.
What are you waiting for? Click here for your free estimate.
*Note: Because of Ottawa's salty winter roads, there is no warranty on rust repairs. Replacement panels are subject to manufacturer's warranty.
Our 24-Step Collision Repair Process
Click here to view a larger version >
Here's how we ensure your car gets the best possible care:
- Estimate prepared.
- Estimated completion date given.
- Owner signs repair authorization.
- Insurance negotiations complete.
- Parts ordered if needed.
- Parts received.
- Vehicle scheduled in for repairs.
- Vehicle disassembled and re-inspected.
- Supplement report written if necessary.
- Supplement approved.
- Additional parts ordered if necessary.
- Scheduled completion date given.
- Structural and body repairs.
- Vehicle set up on unibody repair equipment.
- New panels prepared and installed.
- Priming, sealing and corrosion protection.
- All work inspected, initial tests done, ready for paint department.
- Ready for paint, confirmed completion date given.
- Car is pressure washed and chemically cleaned.
- Car is prepped, primed, sanded and sealed.
- Car is taped, bagged, masked, blown off, and placed in down draft spray booth oven.
- Multi-step refinishing process using acrylic urethane paint system.
- Reassembly, wheel alignment, air conditioning, detailing, final inspection and test drive.
- Owner notified of completion with delivery confirmation.
Once we get you back on the road, we want to help keep you there. Stay safe by practicing proper driving techniques, avoiding distractions, looking out for wildlife, and getting regular checkups. These steps will help keep you accident-free in the future.